Terms Of Service
These Terms of Service were last revised on 26 Mar, 2018.
This is an agreement (“Agreement”) between GetVan Pte Ltd, the owner and operator of the GetVan website, the GetVan service, or any applications (including mobile applications) made available by GetVan (together, the "Service"), and you. By accessing or using the Service, however accessed, you agree to be bound by these terms of service ("Terms of Service"). These Terms of Service affect your legal rights and obligations. If you do not agree to be bound by all of these Terms of Service, do not access or use the Service.
PLEASE SPEND TIME TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY SURFING AND USING THIS SITE IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE USE OF GETVAN SERVICE, PUTTING A JOB REQUEST, CLICKING ON THE ”BOOK” BUTTON AND COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, AND OR MERELY BROWSING THE SITE, YOU INDICATE THAT (1) YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. (2) TO BE BOUND HEREBY AND THAT YOU ARE NOW ENTERING A LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT WITH GetVan Pte Ltd, OWNER AND OPERATOR OF GETVAN. (3) YOU ARE AUTHORISED PERSONALLY OR ON BEHALF OF THE COMPANY THAT YOU REPRESENT TO BE BIND TO THE AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND OR HAVE NOT UNDERSTOOD FULLY THE AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SITE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE PROVIDED.
There may be times when we offer a special feature that has its own terms and conditions that apply in addition to these Terms of Service. In those cases, the terms specific to the special feature control to the extent there is a conflict with these Terms of Service.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service or related services.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, GetVan Pte Ltd prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to GetVan Pte Ltd upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other GetVan users.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, national registration identity numbers, nonpublic phone numbers or nonpublic email addresses.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or GetVan Pte Ltd.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a "spam") to any GetVan users.
- You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from GetVan Pte Ltd.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any GetVan Pte Ltd page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
- You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- You must not attempt to restrict another user from using or enjoying the Service and you must not encourage or facilitate violations of these Terms of Service or any other GetVan Pte Ltd terms.
- Violation of these Terms of Service may, in GetVan Pte Ltd's sole discretion, result in termination of your GetVan account. You understand and agree that GetVan Pte Ltd cannot and will not be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you use the Service at your own risk. If you violate the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for GetVan Pte Ltd, we can stop providing all or part of the Service to you.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change these Terms of Service from time to time, indicated as “Last Revised”. Unless we make a change for legal or administrative reasons, we will provide reasonable advance notice before the Terms of Service become effective. You agree that we may notify you of the Terms of Service by posting them on the Terms of Service section of the Site, and that your use of the Service after the effective date of the Last Revised (or engaging in such other conduct as we may reasonably specify) constitutes your agreement to the Terms of Service. Therefore, you should review these Terms of Service and any Last Revised Terms of Service before using the Service. The Terms of Service will be effective as of the time of posting, indicated as Last Revised, or such later date as may be specified in the Terms of Service, and will apply to your use of the Service from that point forward. These Terms of Service will govern any disputes arising before the effective date of the Terms of Service.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove, edit, block, and/or monitor Content or accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion violates these Terms of Service.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that GetVan Pte Ltd is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. GetVan Pte Ltd reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post reviews, content or any personal or other information.
- There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites or features in images or comments within the Service. The Service also includes third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on the Service may also permit interactions between the Service and a third-party web site or feature, including applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party web site or feature. For example, the Service may include a feature that enables you to share reviews from the Service or your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party's service or application. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third-party service and you do so at your own risk. GetVan Pte Ltd does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that GetVan Pte Ltd is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party service (each, an "Application") and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Service profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if GetVan Pte Ltd has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold the GetVan Pte Ltd Parties (defined below) harmless for activity related to the Application.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
- “GetVan Partners” means individuals who agree to provide a moving service using their vans, which owned and operated by them, accepted through job requests from you through GetVan “Book a Partner” system.
- “Book a Partner” means the operation provided by GetVan to broadcast your details and job request to GetVan Partners, whereby they will be able to accept your job request based on a pre-determined Base Charge, Distance Charge and/or Hourly Charge as indicated when completing the registration and booking process as part of the offer of Service.
- The terms of the Fees are in Cash for Single Trip Booking and Credit and Cash for Hourly Booking.
Single Trip Booking
- The Total Cost of job is equal to Base Charge plus Distance Charge plus any Additional Fees and Special Fees.
- The Base Charge depends on the type of the vehicle booked, which can be determined by its carriage capacity or service type. Base Charge is notified to the User at the point of the job request and added to the Total Cost indicated when the job request is confirmed.
- The Distance Rate in $/km is dependent on the vehicle type. It provides the basis for the calculation of the distance charge depending on the distance between the pickup and dropoff locations, which is determined using third party mapping API. The shortest distance is used to calculate the final Distance Charge at the point the distance is determine. GetVan is not liable for any discrepancies of the distance due to inaccurate information provided by our third party application, or any changes to road distance due to road abnormalities such as road closures, road works, constructions and etc. The road distance is the physical distance between the pickup and drop-up through a combination of main roads, streets and highways. The GetVan system will determine the shortest available route and may include Electronic Road Pricing or Toll roads to be added as Additional Fees in the final bill to the User. See Additional Fees. Distance Charge is notified to the User at the point of the job request and added to the Total Cost indicated when the job request is confirmed.
The Additional Fees are cost factors that cannot be determined or indicated at the point when the job request is accepted but needs to be included for the fulfilment of the job under reasonable conditions. These will include but not limited to Parking Fees, Electronic Road Pricing Fees, Toll Fees, Entry Permit, Additional Waiting Time, Additional Pickup/Drop-off and Helping Hand related to the type of service provided.
- Parking Fees means entry to the premise of a facility that will allow the User to drop-off the items even though it may not require that the vehicle is parked in a parking lot. The User shall without prejudice, include in the final payment to the GetVan Partner, the Parking Fees based on the amount of time required to off-load the articles and the carpark rates indicated by the parking facility upon fulfilment of the job.
- Electronic Road Pricing/Toll charges defers on different roads and time of the day. The GetVan Partner will inform to the User the expected ERP charges based on the route proposed by the GetVan Partner. The GetVan Partner will make reasonable efforts to avoid any ERP charges and inform the User accordingly. If however, such charges are unavoidable or may incurred a longer distance to avoid entering into vehicle restricted zone, the GetVan Partner will inform the User accordingly. The User shall without prejudice, include the ERP charges in the final payment to the GetVan Partner upon fulfilment of the job.
- Entry Permit are implemented for entry into special zones i.e Sentosa Island. The charges are collected at the point of entry via collection station or Electronic Parking System. The User shall without prejudice, include the Entry Permit charges in the final payment to the GetVan Partner upon fulfilment of the job.
- [GetVan Goods only] All Users are advised to have all articles or items ready for loading at the time and location of pickup. The maximum allowable time for loading and unloading is 15 mins, after which the Additional Waiting Time would be imposed . The GetVan Partner shall inform the User when the maximum allowable time is up and Additional Waiting Time is imposed. The GetVan Partner shall inform the User how much Additional Waiting Time is imposed accordingly. The User shall without prejudice, include the Additional Waiting Time charges in the final payment to the GetVan Partner upon fulfilment of the job.
- [GetVan Ride only] All Users are advised to have passengers ready for boarding at the time and location of pickup. The maximum allowable time for boarding is 10 mins, after which the Additional Waiting Time would be imposed. The GetVan Partner shall inform the User when the maximum allowable time is up and Additional Waiting Time is imposed. The GetVan Partner shall inform the User how much Additional Waiting Time is imposed accordingly. The User shall without prejudice, include the Additional Waiting Time charges in the final payment to the GetVan Partner upon fulfilment of the job.
- The job request entails a single location pickup and drop-off. Additional Pick-up/Drop-off Location charges shall be imposed at $10/location. A 5-mins allowance is given for loading/unloading/boarding at each location. The User shall without prejudice, include the Additional Pick-up/Drop-off Location charges in the final payment to the GetVan Partner upon fulfilment of the job.
[GetVan Goods only] Helping Hand requests for goods van-hire can be made directly with the GetVan Partner. The basic helping hand requires the Partner to assist the user (AKA assisted-moving) to move his items/articles from his/her unit to the van at pick up and vice-versa at drop-off. Helping Hand can also be made directly on-the-spot with Partner, subjected to Partner’s ability and discretion when it is not indicated at the point when booking is made. The User shall without prejudice, include the Helping Hand charges in the final payment to the GetVan Partner upon fulfilment of the job. Surcharge can be imposed for the following situations:
Helping Hand [Basic - requires Partner assisted moving to/from unit] $20 per job Helping hand surcharge - If exceed quantity of items, surcharge may be imposed:
XL: first 12, next 8 and so forth.
$10 per job
XL: Add $10 per
addition 8 items
Helping hand surcharge for loose items (i.e items not packed in boxes) and heavy items
XL: each furniture ($10/item)
$10 per job
XL: Add $10 per
The Special Fees are cost factors to be included when booking if made under specific conditions or the job requested commence/end in special zones. Special Fees are imposed for Clauses 22.214.171.124.1 and Clauses 126.96.36.199.2.
- Booking time is between 12am - 6am or on weekend or Public Holidays.
GetVan Special Zones
• Changi Airport Terminal 1
• Changi Airport Terminal 2
• Changi Airport Terminal 3
• Changi Airport Terminal 4
• Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
• SAF Ferry Terminal
• Changi Cargo Complex
• SATS Cargo Complex
• Changi Village
• Changi Exhibition Centre
• Changi South
• Changi Naval Base
• Tuas South
• Tuas Industrial Area
• Raffles Country Club
• Lim Chu Kang
• Lim Chu Kang Camp
• Kranji Camp
• Sungei Gedong Camp
• Tengah Air Base
- The Total Cost of job is equal to First Hour Charge plus Subsequent Hour Charge plus Additional Fees and Services Charge plus Special Fees. For confirmation of booking, a non-refundable deposit, AKA Admin Fee, set out in Clause 188.8.131.52 is required to be paid upfront. This fee is included in the First Hour and Subsequent hour Charge as indicated and is subjected to adjustment from time-to-time.
- The First Hour Charge and Subsequent Hour Charge is assessed based on size, its carriage capacity of the vehicle and the type of service. These charges are notified to the User at the point of the job request and added to the Total Cost indicated when the job request is confirmed. A minimum of ONE hour booking is required. Request for the duration of booking can be made on a half-hour basis at the time of booking. Extension of booking hours can be made on the spot with the partner and will be added to the Total Cost, subjected to the partner’s schedule and well-being. The User shall without prejudice, include the extension of duration in the final payment to the GetVan Partner upon fulfilment of the job.
- The Admin Fee is an upfront payable non-refundable charge for booking confirmation of the hourly service. This fee is collected through a payment system provided by a Thirty Party service provider. Only when a deduction is successful that the system will confirm the booking with the GetVan Partner. The payment system will withhold the deduction until a Partner is confirmed for booking and if no Partner is available to take up the job request or a Partner cancels the job, no fees will be deducted.
The Additional Fees and Services Charges are cost factors that cannot be determined at the point when the job request is accepted but needs to be included for the fulfilment of the job under reasonable conditions. These will include but not limited to Parking Fees, Electronic Road Pricing Fees, Toll Fees, Entry Permit.
- Parking Fees (See Clause 184.108.40.206.1)
- Electronic Road Pricing/Toll charges (See Clause 220.127.116.11.2)
- Entry Permit (See Clause 18.104.22.168.3)
- [GetVan Goods Only] Helping Hand requests can be made directly with the GetVan Partner at $20/hour. All moving shall be conducted by the Partner whenever possible. If the items cannot be moved single-handedly by the Partner, the User shall provide assistance. Additional Helping Hand on top of Driver-Partner can be requested by indicating in the “Notes to Partner” Section subjected to availability and Partner’s acceptance of the job request. Helping Hand can also be made directly on-the-spot with Partner subjected to Partner’s ability and discretion when it is not indicated at the point when booking is made. The User shall without prejudice, include the Helping Hand charges in the final payment to the GetVan Partner upon fulfilment of the job.
- Special Fees (See Clause 22.214.171.124)
- The PickUp and/or Drop-off point shall be indicated at the point of job request.
- Any changes to the PickUp and/or Drop-off point shall be notified to the GetVan Partner at the first instance when the GetVan Partner get in touch with the User to confirm details of the job. Any request for changes to the PickUp and/or Drop-off point while the job is in transient shall be at the discretion of the GetVan Partner to negotiate for additional/deduction fees based on the extra distance covered and to accept.
- Additional fees are applicable for Additional PickUp/Drop-Off locations set out in Clause 126.96.36.199.6 and only applicable for Single Trip booking.
- The carriage of passenger is subjected to the legislation of the type that vehicle is registered and it is only allow to carry the number of passenger approved under the registration.
Van Carriage [GetVan Goods Only]
- The carriage capacity of the van sizes are illustrated by a combination of standard items such as packing boxes, luggages and bicycles. Users are to take note of the carriage capacity as an indication when making a job request. Any discrepancies due to difference from the standard items shall be the responsibility of the User and the Partner has the right to refuse any articles that does not conform to the standard items as indicated.
- The carriage capacity illustrated is an estimation to allow the User to make prior preparation or planning for the move. GetVan is not liable for any additional fees arises from deviation due to how the articles are packed, packaged and arranged during the move. Users are to ensure that articles are ready to be moved and are packed, packaged or arranged in a manner that maximises the internal capacity of the van.
- The carriage capacity means the internal capacity of the van less the driver and passenger seats when the doors of the van are shut.
- The carriage of articles is to be within the interior of the van and shall be only for the User’s personal effects or commercial articles. GetVan Partners provide only the vehicle to help you with your moving needs of odd-shaped or large articles. They do not provide special equipment, nor are trained to provide specialised moving such as furnitures, musical instruments, appliances, food, animals and etc.
- Carriage of articles is at the discretion of the GetVan Partner. The User is to ensure that the articles do not contravene any law, are hazardous or dangerous in nature, are radioactive, explosive, corrosive or perishable, are live stocks including but not limited to, pets or animals without proper licensing, endangered species, dangerous or venomous. The User is liable for any damages, loss of property or legal liability to the User, GetVan Partner or any third party due to non-compliance to the terms stated.
- No inspection of the contents in the articles will be carried out by the GetVan Partner, hence the User shall be fully responsible for the contents packed, packaged, arranged and secured within the articles understanding that reasonable movement of the articles will be experienced along the journey. The GetVan Partner shall take reasonable care in the handling of the vehicle to minimise any excessive movement of the articles. The GetVan Partner shall have the rights to refuse carriage of any articles even if physical inspection of the content within is not possible.
Handling [GetVan Goods only]
- The handling of the articles are the responsibilities of the User unless Helping Hand is requested by the User to be part of the job request and shall be limited to the conditions stated in Clause 4.6.4, Clause 188.8.131.52.7 and Clause 184.108.40.206.4 . The GetVan Partner is not obligated to provide any form of equipment such as trolleys, dollies, lifts, protection covers, plastic bags/wraps, ground mats, cardboards, cushions, inflatables, synthetic foams, strings, ropes, hooks, carrying straps, fastening straps, anchor points, containers, boxes or any form disposables as part of the job.
- If handling is requested as part of the Helping Hand service, the User is required to pay the fees as set out in Clause 220.127.116.11.7 or 18.104.22.168.4 at the end of the job.
- If handling is requested as part of the Helping Hand service and additional manpower is required on top of the GetVan Partner, the User is obligated to indicated in the job request or to notify the GetVan Partner at the first instance when the GetVan Partner get in touch with the User to confirm details of the job. A fee of $30 for single trip or $20/hr for hourly trip payable to the partner for such service requested.
The GetVan Partner has the rights to refuse any Helping Hand Service not limited the following circumstances:
- The GetVan Partner is physically incapable, injured, or unwell to perform the task of carrying or moving.
- The GetVan Partner deem that it is unsafe for himself/herself or will damage the articles due to lack of knowledge of the articles.
- The GetVan Partner is unable to have any physical contact due to religious, personal beliefs, customs, or even fear.
- The GetVan Partner is required to exert excessive physical energy or be exposed to the environment over a long duration to perform the job.
- Requires the GetVan Partner to be exposed to hazardous environment.
- The User requests unreasonable demands with regards to the manner the articles are to be handled, the time required to carry out the job and moving the articles without the use of the vehicle over long distances.
- The User is to ensure that he/she is the rightful owner and/or is authorised to handle the articles. Understanding that the agreement is between the platform owner, GetVan Pte Ltd and the User, the User is to ensure that he/she is authorised to underwrite the agreement either as an individual or a representative on behalf of the Owner of the articles.
- The User agrees to comply with Clauses 4.2 - 4.6 and shall provide the GetVan Partner instructions and directions that is easily understood when engaging his/her services. Any additional charges arising from any form of miscommunications of the nature of the service provided, has be borned by the User. The User shall engage the GetVan Partner, who must follow strictly to GetVan’s Partner Code of Conduct, in a respectful and non-demeaning manner at all times.
- The User understood that the Service of GetVan is to provide a platform connected by mobile technology to enable a direct engagement of the service provided by the GetVan Partner with the User. The User hereby agrees to relinquish GetVan Pte Ltd of any responsibilities of activities beyond the platform and the service provided by GetVan Pte Ltd, such as personal conduct and behaviour of GetVan Partners, behaviour of other road users or general public, force majeure event or factors outside beyond the control of GetVan.
- The User shall ensure that any items being transport is adequately protected against any form of damage during the period of handling and transit from pickup to drop-off. The User is to ensure all items are properly sealed and secured such that the contents within cannot not be accessed, removed or fall out without any compromise to the structure of the seals or adhesives.
- The Partner’s shall perform the service within the scope set out in Clauses 4.2 - 4.6 and is not liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage or anything out of the scope.
- Some of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that GetVan Pte Ltd may place such advertising and promotions on the Service or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
- The Service contains content owned or licensed by GetVan Pte Ltd ("GetVan Pte Ltd Content"). GetVan Pte Ltd Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and GetVan Pte Ltd, GetVan Pte Ltd owns and retains all rights in the GetVan Pte Ltd Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the GetVan Pte Ltd Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the GetVan Pte Ltd Content.
- The GetVan name and logo are trademarks of GetVan Pte Ltd, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of GetVan Pte Ltd. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of GetVan Pte Ltd, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from GetVan Pte Ltd.
- Although it is GetVan Pte Ltd's intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, GetVan Pte Ltd reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by GetVan Pte Ltd, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, GetVan Pte Ltd encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, GetVan Pte Ltd is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. GetVan Pte Ltd will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
- It is GetVan Pte Ltd's policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, GetVan Pte Ltd does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that GetVan Pte Ltd is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Notification of Infringement
○ GetVan Pte Ltd reserves the right to investigate notices of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property infringement ("Infringement") in respect of GetVan Pte Ltd Content, User Content and other material on the Site ("Infringing Material") and take appropriate action. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes Infringement and such Infringement is occurring on this Site, please notify GetVan Pte Ltd in writing immediately in the form and containing the information prescribed by the Singapore Copyright Act (Cap. 63) ("Infringement Notice").
All Infringement Notices shall be sent to GetVan Pte Ltd addressed as follows:
45 Jalan Pemimpin, #11-02, Singapore 577197
- This Site is owned and operated by GetVan Pte Ltd in Singapore. GetVan Pte Ltd makes no representation that the Contents of the Site are appropriate or available for use in your location. Those who choose to access this Site from any location do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- You agree to indemnify and hold GetVan Pte Ltd, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners, and employees, harmless from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities (including statutory liability and liability to third parties), penalties, and costs (including without limitation, legal costs on a full indemnity basis), awards, losses and/or expenses, due to or arising out of:
- any use of the Site or any Service;
- your connection to the Site;
- your breach of any terms and conditions of these Website Conditions;
- your violation of any rights of another person or entity; or
- your breach of any statutory requirement, duty or law.
Relationship of Parties
- Nothing in these Website Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute an agency, partnership or joint venture between GetVan Pte Ltd and you and neither party shall have any authority to bind the other in any way.
- No party shall be liable for any failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement if the failure results from a Force Majeure Event (defined below), provided always that whenever possible, the affected party will resume that obligation as soon as the Force Majeure Event occasioning the failure ceases or abates.
- For purposes of this Agreement, a "Force Majeure Event" is an event which is a circumstance or event beyond the reasonable control of a party which affects the general public in that party's country or in the territory, and which results in the party being unable to observe or perform on time an obligation under this Agreement. Such circumstance or event shall include industrial action or labour disputes, civil unrest, war or threat of war, criminal or terrorist acts, government action or regulation, telecommunication or utility failures, power outages, fire, explosion, natural physical disasters, epidemic, quarantine restrictions, and general failure of public transport.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- These Website Conditions and all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Site and the Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore including without limitation the provisions of the Singapore Evidence Act (Chapter 97) and the Electronic Transactions Act (Cap. 88), without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
- You hereby agree to submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.